Friday, December 31, 2010

It's not all good with Chowking Eastwood

Having limited choices on where I can buy food on the last day of the year, I picked Chowking in Eastwood City since it’s the closest one. I ordered a chicken supreme lauriat with pineapple juice for take out because I don't think I'd be able to eat there when I see some flies hovering over some tables and water on the floor leaking from the ceiling. I think it's this time of the year when they don't mind those flies much. At least some of their crew is working on the floor. With my hunger getting the better of me, I just thought that it won't be that bad in their kitchen.

I got the pineapple juice first which had a lot of ice in it when I specifically told the lady who took my order not to put ice since I have colds. The crew nicely took the juice away and replaced it with a new cup. Then, I got the lauriat. It has the pancit canton, siomai, rice, spring chicken, and buchi. Everything looks great but there was not a single piece of condiments there.

Since it's for take out, I just went straight to their order counter to request for the missing condiments. To my surprise, I was told that I need to pay extra to get them. I told the crew that it is common sense that people who take their orders out would also want the same food experience as to what they are used to having when eating in their fast-food. Filipinos eat their pancit with calamansi, sometimes with toyo. The same thing can be said with their siomai. It's like eating kare-kare without the bagoong because it's for take out. The guy won't budge and won't give me a single condiment without having me pay for it. He doesn't care if the condiments are practically unlimited for people who choose to eat there.

At that point, I was already thinking of returning my order and just get food somewhere else. I asked the guy if he would give me some if I just eat there and he said he would. So, I told him so. He gave me those precious little condiments and went back to their counter. Instead of unpacking my order, I went straight out with my condiments. No questions were asked. Nor, was I apprehended for not paying for them.

I still ended up having what I should have but not without losing my appetite due to this sick policy. Should there be so much fuss about these tiny condiments? Come on, I never thought Chowking is this bad. They're really living up to their slogan "Dito kumakain ang masarap kumain." You don't get to experience their good food unless you eat it in their premises.

2 comments:

  1. what's worse is that their website doens't even have customer service section. that clearly shows how bane they are in listening to their customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and probably that's the trade off of eating chipangga fastfoods.

    ReplyDelete